Printer-friendly versionSend to friend
About Trout Unlimited
Today, Trout Unlimited is a national organization with more than 150,000 volunteers organized into about 400 chapters nationwide. This dedicated grassroots army is matched by a respected staff of organizers, lawyers, policy experts and scientists, who work out of more than 30 offices. Our mission is to conserve, protect and restore North America's cold-water fisheries and their watersheds.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Trout Unlimited preferably in their headquarters in Arlington, Virginia - as the Vice President of Marketing&Communications. The VP of Marketing & Communications will report directly to the CEO and is member of the Senior Staff. The VP of Marketing&Communications will be responsible for the execution of Trout Unlimited's communications, marketing and branding strategies. The VP of Marketing & Communications will oversee all activities that promote, enhance, and protect the organization's brand reputation and identify communication goals. A key objective is to manage the development and production of Trout's varied and integrated communications activities and tools including: supporting all events and initiatives, direct mail and marketing, newsletters and other print publications; Website content, E-news and other online communications, social and conventional media and public relations, and marketing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the development and production of all Trout Unlimited's communications tools, with a particular emphasis on online communications and tools such as social media.
- Experience in deploying community building web sites is important.
- Manage production of all marketing and promotional materials.
- Increase membership acquisition program.
- Increase Trout's online community activity.
- Improve internal processes to improve implementation of the communications strategy.
- Expand partnerships within the outdoor, and related, industry.
- 10 years of relevant professional experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated versatility in writing for all media platforms.
- Creative and strategic application of digital and social media technologies.
- Experience in planning, writing, editing, and production of newsletters, press releases, annual reports, marketing literature, and other print publications.
- Innovative thinker, with a track record for problem solving and developing action plans and managing output.
- Self-reliant, results oriented, and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and collaborate and develop consensus with staff and colleagues.
- Experience managing a diverse and remote staff.
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs.
- Background in policy and advocacy communications a plus.
- Passion for Trout Unlimited's mission is essential.
- A professional and resourceful style; flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical communication initiatives.
- Ability to work with grassroots leaders and volunteers.
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside of TU.
- Previous experience in conservation organization or the outdoor industry is helpful.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite products.
How to Apply
Please send a letter of interest, resume and 3 professional references to Vivie Yen by April 30, 2013. No phone calls please.
This is not an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities.
TU is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse pool of candidates in this search. TU hires staff without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.