About Trout Unlimited
Today, Trout Unlimited is a national organization with more than 150,000 members organized into about 400 chapters nationwide. This dedicated group of grassroots volunteers is matched by a respected staff of organizers, lawyers, policy experts and scientists, who work out of more than 30 offices. Our mission is to conserve, protect and restore North America's cold-water fisheries and their watersheds.
Trout Unlimited is looking for a friendly and professional individual to serve as our full time Membership Services Coordinator (MSC). This person must be a self-starter, have excellent organizational skills, have a strong attention to detail in projects both large and small, possess the ability to problem solve, multi task, and adapt to an ever changing work environment. The MSC interfaces with TU's members on a daily basis, researches and resolves member questions and concerns, and is a primary go-to person within the organization.
This position requires a dynamic personality with excellent communication/follow-up skills using a variety of mediums, including phone, email, letters, and an internal customer service database system. The MSC will be very "visible" with our grassroots membership and requires someone who represents TU's mission and goals. The MSC will be highly knowledgeable about TU's systems, procedures and programs to effectively communicate with our members.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports Membership Services Senior Manager with quality control of third party vendors.
- First point of contact for TU call center and exception services.
- Resolves inquiries from members and notifies members of resolution via email, phone, or letter.
- Database updates and quality control checks.
- Create and manage informational mailings to our membership base.
- 3 years of cutomer service experience in a professional setting
- Excellent communication skills via phone, email, and letters are required
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook a must
- Enthusiastic, energetic, personable and a friendly disposition
- Extremely detail oriented
- Comfortable analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and making informed decisions with minimum supervision
- Experience working with a membership database. Knowledge of Avectra NetForum database a plus
- Strong time management skills and practices
- Able to prioritize projects and excellent organizational skills
- Bachelor's Degree (minimum) required
Compensation: $35,000 annually
How to Apply
Interested in becoming part of a team whose mission is to conserve, protect, and restore North America's coldwater fisheries and their watersheds? Fishing experience is not required, but a love for conservation and the outdoors is. Help us to serve our passionate and loyal members – who are volunteers that invest their time, energy and money to ensure our future generations enjoy healthy fisheries in their home waters. Please email cover letter, resume, 3 professional references and salary requirements to:
Attn: Membership Services Manager
1777 N. Kent Street, Suite 100
Arlington, VA 22209
(No Calls Please)
TU is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer pursuant to Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act and the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act.
TU is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse pool of candidates in this search. TU hires staff without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.