About Trout Unlimited
Today, Trout Unlimited is a national organization with more than 150,000 members organized into about 400 chapters nationwide. This dedicated group of grassroots volunteers is matched by a respected staff of organizers, lawyers, policy experts and scientists, who work out of more than 30 offices. Our mission is to conserve, protect and restore North America's cold-water fisheries and their watersheds.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Trout Unlimited in their Washington Water Project Office in Wenatchee, Washington. The primary responsibility is to capably serve the office in day to day administrative and operations tasks with concentration on grant and project reporting. The position will also provide support to all staff in project development and insuring deliverables are met. Individuals must have exceptional organizational skills, a positive attitude and the ability to communicate with a diversity of people. The Grant and Office Manager will report directly to the Director of the Washington Water Project and is a Full-Time position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative and budget support to the Director and other WWP staff as needed
- Work with staff to prepare and submit project reports and invoices for all projects in a timely manner
- Prepare and submit invoices and check requests for project and office expenses.
- Ensure WWP Wenatchee office is running smoothly
- Work closely with TU's Virginia staff to ensure coordination
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with funders and other WWP partners
- Performing other requests as requested
- 5 years of Office Manager or Administrative Assistant experience
- High level knowledge of MS Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat
- Extensive experience in managing multiple funding sources including federal, state and non profit grants
- Strong budget and accounting skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with web based information systems
- Ability to multi-task
- Positive attitude with energy and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Strong organizational and time management with exceptional attention to detail
Competitive salary based on background and experience, including an attractive benefits package.
How to Apply
Please send a resume with a letter of interest describing how you meet the qualifications, a two-page writing sample, and names of three professional references to Lisa Pelly by July 11, 2014. No phone calls please.
TU is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer pursuant to Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act and the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act.
TU is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse pool of candidates in this search. TU hires staff without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.