Trout Unlimited is pleased to announce that through funding provided by the PA DEP's Growing Greener Grant Program, it is able to continue its Abandoned Mine Drainage (AMD) Technical Assistance Program in Pennsylvania. TU has completed over sixty technical assistance projects for more than forty watershed groups, TU chapters, county conservation districts, and others by providing free technical assistance for a variety of AMD projects since 2005 through its AMD Technical Assistance Program. Groups that receive this technical assistance are provided with the information and tools they need to successfully move forward to secure funding and/or to implement full-scale AMD remediation projects.
The types of free technical assistance offered include the following:
1) Rapid characterization of mine drainage
2) Rapid watershed assessment
3) Conceptual design of AMD treatment systems
4) Existing treatment system evaluation and recommendations
5) Construction oversight
6) Pre- and/or post-construction biological and/or habitat surveys
7) Other, as treated on a case-by-case basis
To request free AMD technical assistance, simply print and fill out this form and return to the address shown at the bottom of the form.
For More Information:
Director, Eastern Abandoned Mine Program
18 E. Main Street, Suite 3
Lock Haven, PA 17745
Email Amy Wolfe