This year's School will be held in conjunction with the Mountain State Trout Festival at Elk Springs Resort in Monterville. Expert instructors teach the basic skills you need to enjoy this sport in just one weekend. Class size is limited to preserve the quality of instruction, so RSVP is required.
Saturday (Day 1): Saturday instruction emphasizes fly casting, knot tying, equipment selection, fly tying, entomology and much more.
Sunday (Day 2) : On Sunday, the students are taken to one of the numerous nearby trout streams for one-on-one stream instruction. It is here that the students receive instruction on safe wading, reading water and landing and releasing fish. Lunch provided on Sunday.
A la Carte Pricing:
- Introduction to Fly Fishing (How to Get Started, Equipment Selection, Trip Planning, Licenses) - $50
- Fly Casting Instruction - $75
- Knot Tying Instruction - $25
- Entomology (what fish eat) and Reading A Stream Instruction - $25
- Fly Tying - $35
- One on One Stream Instruction - (only for registrants of complete class)
A limited number of loan rods & reels are available. Wading gear is recommended; loan waders are not available. Direct inquiries to the WVTU Fly Fishing School Director, Polly Kalich.
Fees Prices are subject to change.
Registration: $255 for non-Trout Unlimited members (membership included); $225 for Trout Unlimited members (proof of membership required); $200 for youth that are joining their parent(s). Full payment is due at time of registration. Cancellations will be charged a $50 processing fee.
- Elk Springs Resort has a number of cabins, lodge rooms, and campground space available. 1-877-ELK-SPRINGS
- Snowshoe Resort has a wide variety of hotel and suite accomodations available. Snowshoe is located approximately 30 minutes away from Elk Springs Resort.
- Kumbrabow State Forest campground and cabins
All attendees must either be current TU members or pay an additional $35 membership fee on the above prices to become a member of TU. (Children receive discounted Stream Explorer's Membership). Full payment is required with each reservation. Contact Polly Kalich if you have any questions on refunds or deposits.
There is no one currently attending this event.