Gulf Coast - South Padre Island

Tip of the week 
Techniques 

Fish also turning to white shrimp and impressionistic olive and black crabs, Go to longer leaders and 2x fluoro for fussy white sand fish....consider small hairbugs (#1 to #6) and small poppers on crawling fish as water levels go above 60* The TPW 5 trout / day on lower Texas coast continues to bring better average fish to hand.... and TPW has moved to go 5 trout limit on the middle Texas coast since Sept 1 2014!

Seven-day forecast 

Sunny light E winds to 15 and coming around N to NE with light 30 to 40% chance of showers Tuesday am thru Wed. PM.and sunny coming around to with SE winds to 25 on Thursday with increasing chance of Early storms Saturday PM Sunday with 60% chance of rain all of next week.. Tides above normal, staying around after last full moon with potential storms in lower GUlf
Check P. Mansfield's East cut, and Brownsville ship channel for fish on edges and Spoils on ICWW later in afternoons Big, slow sinking flies, in white chartreuse, gray or black on edge flats........ More Jackfish / tarpon sightings in big water/ jetty and scattered Sp. Mackerel on jetty, White shrimp hatches reported up and down the coast with fish fat and small (2-4's) seaducers, clousers and kwans. Reports of scattered snook to 28" taken in Brownsville ship channel and South Bay

Conditions 

.
LLM Is hypersaline 125 mile long lagoon with skinny water grass flats and an eastern white sand shoreline up to a mile wide , sliced by the East Cut in Port Mansfield with access to jetty and near inshore fish Port Isabel and South padre Island offer jetty and ship channel fisheries for snook and tarpon With front gulf beach available too

Must Have Flies 
Swan Point Landing
x

Add Content