disinfecting fly fishing equipment

I am going to Iceland this summer to fly fish and just found out that I need to have my equipment disinfected and certified if i am to bring into Iceland.
I have not been able to find this service in the greater New York City area.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks for your help


said on Thursday, March 20th, 2014

I think that an accredited veterinarian can do that service. The agent used is chlorhexidine in dilute form.  I am a retired veterinarian and had a few clients that asked for this service many years ago. What I don't know if it affects flies,  I used it on rods,reels, nets and line. They met the requirements because they did it annually.  Lucky you to have such a trip!


Add Content