Table of Contents
The scientific case for the Lower Snake
- What is the current state of salmon and steelhead populations?
- What does salmon and steelhead “recovery” mean and who decides?
- What impacts do dams have on Snake River salmon and steelhead?
- How do you measure the impact of dams on fish populations?
- What is a smolt-to-adult ratio and why is it important?
- Is it possible to recover salmon and steelhead without removing the dams?
- Why is the Snake River Basin the right place to make this kind of investment?
- Can we restore Snake River salmon and steelhead by improving habitat?
- What role does climate change play in the debate over removing the four Lower Snake dams?
- Aren’t ocean conditions the primary cause of the decline?
- Are there other benefits to restoring a free-flowing river?
- Why can’t we just release more hatchery fish to solve the problem?