Your privacy is important to us. This Privacy Statement describes the types of information Trout Unlimited (“TU” or “We”) collect from and about you through email, social media, direct mail, including when you visit any of our web properties including TU.org and its sub-sites (collectively the “Services”). This Privacy Statement also explains how We may use and disclose such information, as well as your ability to control certain uses of it. By using this Site, you agree to the data collection, use, disclosure and storage practices described in this Privacy Statement.
This Privacy Statement does not reflect the policies and practices of our chapters or councils. Please reach out to them directly for information about their privacy statements.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information from you when you choose to provide it to us or to one of our chapters or councils. This may include when you make a donation or join TU’s supporter community, request information from us, register for an event, sign up for newsletters or our email lists, use our Services, or otherwise contact us or one of our chapters or councils.
The information we collect (or receive from our chapters or councils) may include your name, address, email address, telephone number, mobile telephone number, geolocation information or photos or videos. You may be required to provide certain information to create your TU account if you are a TU member or part of TU volunteer leadership. If you use a third party service to login, link to us, or communicate with us (such as a social network or third party video chat), we may receive certain information about you from the third party based on your registration and privacy settings on those third party services.
- Domain Name – through which you access the Internet
- IP address – from the computer or network used to access our website
- Web browser – and operating system used
- Date and time – you accessed our site
- Pages, files, documents, and links – that you visited
- Referral Internet address – of the website from which you clicked to get to our website
Search terms – used in a search engine (like google.com) that brought you to our website.
We may also use third-party tools or services, such as Google Analytics, to assist us with analyzing and improving the Site and Services. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help use conduct and improve our business.
Tracking Options and California Do Not Track Disclosures.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us.
You may adjust your browser or operating system settings to limit this tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features on the Services or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Check the “Help” menu of your browser or operating system to learn how to adjust your tracking settings or cookie preferences.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. To learn more about how cookies or other technologies are used to deliver more relevant advertising or to opt out of receiving targeted ads please click here. On your mobile device, you can adjust your privacy and advertising settings to limit your tracking for advertising or control whether you receive more relevant advertising. Note that our systems may not recognize Do Not Track headers or requests from some or all browsers.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by [checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the [order form/registration form])/[OTHER OPT-OUT METHOD]]. You can also always opt-out by [logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile], [checking or unchecking the relevant boxes] [or by] sending us an email with your request to help@TU.org.
- Promotional Offers from the Us. If you do not wish to have your email address used by us to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by [[checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the [order form/registration form])/[OTHER OPT-OUT METHOD]] or at any other time by] [logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by] sending us an email stating your request to help@TU.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by [OPT-OUT METHOD]. For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept all browser cookies.
Information Collected From Other Sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources, including social networks that you use to connect with TU. This information may include name, user name, demographic information, updated address or contact information, interests, and publicly-observed data, such as from social media and online activity.
Combination of Information
We may combine the information we receive from and about you, including information you provide to us and information we automatically collect through our Services, Apps, as well as information collected offline or from third party sources to help us tailor our communications to you and to improve our Services.
We may use the information we collect from and about you to:
- Present our Website and its contents to you;
- Respond to your inquiries, provide donor benefits and other services, fulfill orders, process payments and prevent transactional fraud, and contact and communicate with you;
- Develop new programs, products or services;
- Engage in educational or policy initiatives to communicate with you and others to further our education goals;
- Provide you with customized content, targeted offers, and advertising on the Services, via email or text message, or on other Services or apps;
- Contact you with information, newsletters and promotional materials from TU or on behalf of our partners and chapters or councils;
- Improve the content and functionality of our Web site and marketing efforts;
- Conduct research and analysis;
- Comply with applicable laws, including to respond to requests from public and government authorities;
- Enforce this Privacy Statement;
- Protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others;
- Develop new programs, products or services;
- Protect the security or integrity of the Services and our business; and
- As described to you at the point of data collection.
We do not rent or sell your personal information to third parties. We may share the information we collect from and about you:
- with our chapters, councils, affiliates, subsidiaries and with other non-profit organizations;
- with third parties that we believe may provide benefits, promotional materials, and goods and services that may be of interest to you, including with other nonprofit organizations;
- to our Service Providers, including information brokers and for data analysis if the disclosure will enable them to perform a business, professional or technical support function for us;
- to respond to judicial process or provide information to law enforcement or regulatory agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law; and
- as described to you at the point of collection.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
Please contact your local, state or regional TU affiliate to manage your communications from such affiliates.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous non-personal information with third parties for their marketing or analytics uses. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
We may sell or purchase assets during the normal course of our business. If another entity acquires us or any of our assets, information we have collected about you may be transferred to such entity. In addition, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, such information may be considered an asset of ours and may be sold or transferred to third parties. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to try to require that the transferee use personal information provided through the Services in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Statement.
If you do not want us to share your personal information as set forth in this Privacy Statement, contact us at help@TU.org.
We may contract with third parties to perform functions related to the Services (“Service Providers”). Service Providers will have access to your personal information needed to perform their business functions, but may not use or share that personal information for other purposes.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section §1798.83 permits users of our site that are California residents to request certaininformation regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to help@TU.org or write us at Trout Unlimited, 1777 N. Kent Street, Suite 100, Arlington, VA 22209-3801.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Services, or transmitted to other users of the Services or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Services with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSERVICES
The Services may have links to third-party Services or applications, including payment processors or video platforms which may have privacy policies that differ from our own. We are not responsible for the practices of such Services or applications.
Protecting children’s privacy is important to us. We do not direct the Services to, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from, children under the age of thirteen.
We have taken certain physical, administrative, and technical steps to safeguard the information we collect from and about our customers and Services visitors and users. While we make every effort to help ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee our security measures.
DATA STORAGE AND RETENTION
Your personal information is stored on servers in the United States. You understand and agree that TU may collect, use, disclose, and otherwise process the information you provide as described in this Privacy Statement even if you are from an area outside the United States. Your personal information may be disclosed in response to inquiries or requests from government authorities or to respond to judicial process in the United States. We will retain your personal information for as long as it is needed to provide you with the Services, or to fulfill any legal or contractual obligations we may have.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you have an account on our Services, you may sign in to your account and update your personal information contained in the account. You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change or delete information if we believe doing so would violate any law or legal or audit requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS
If you have any questions, requests or concerns about this Privacy Statement or the practices described herein, you may contact us by phone at 1-800-834-2419 or by email at help@TU.org.
REVISIONS TO THIS STATEMENT
We reserve the right to revise this Privacy Statement at any time. When we do, we will post the change(s) on the Services. If we change the Privacy Statement in a material way, we will provide appropriate notice to you.
1777 N. Kent Street, Suite 100
Arlington, VA 22209
TOLL FREE: 1-800-834-2419
National Office: (703) 522-0200
Fax: (703) 284-9400