No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase Will Not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
Void Where Prohibited.
1. Eligibility: The Arizona The Beautiful Photo Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the State of Arizona who are at least eighteen (18) years of age. Employees of the Arizona Council of Trout Unlimited (the “Sponsor”), Trout Unlimited, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible to enter. If the Contest is prohibited by any local laws, you are prohibited from participating in the Contest, and the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may take steps to limit or ban your participation.
2. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering the Contest, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions regarding the Contest, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. Entry Period: The Contest begins at February 1, 2022 beginning at 12:00 am MT and ends on March 31, 2022 at 11:59 pm MT (the “Entry Period”). Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
4. How to Enter: Eligible entrants may enter the Contest by posting a photo they have taken of Arizona public lands on Instagram using the hashtag #arizonathebeautifulcontest. Only nature photos should be submitted, no photos of people should be submitted. All photo entries will also be posted on Trout Unlimited’s Arizona The Beautiful website at https://www.tu.org/conservation/arizona-the-beautiful-contest/. There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person. Entries may not be acknowledged by Sponsor.
5. Entrant’s Warranties and Representations: By submitting an Entry, you warrant and represent that (a) the Entry is an original work created solely by you for entry in the Contest; (b) you own all rights to the Entry; (c) to the extent the Entry depicts any individual or features the voice of any individual, you are the individual pictured and heard in the submission; and (d) the Entry complies with all requirements of these Official Rules.
6. Judging: After the Entry Period, members of Sponsor’s staff (the “Judges”) will evaluate all Entries and select three (3) winners based on the following Judging Criteria: (a) photo quality (33.4%); (b) aligns with theme (33.3%); (c) creativity (33.3%). In the event of a tie, an additional “tie breaker” judge will judge the tied entries based on the same criteria. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received and the performance of each entrant.
7. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winner Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winner on or about April 10, 2022 by email. If a potential winner does not respond within seven (7) days of notification, Sponsor will select an alternate potential winner in his/her place according to the Judging Criteria. Only three (3) alternate potential winners will be contacted. Except where prohibited, the potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. If a potential winner fails to sign and return these documents within the required time period, an alternate potential winner may be selected in his/her place from the next highest scored eligible entry.
Prizes: The Grand Prize winner (with the highest-scored ranking by the judges) will receive one (1) Orvis Helios 3F 3wt Fly Rod and Sage Click 3/4/5 reel with an approximate retail value of $1,280.00; the first-runner up (with the second-highest scored ranking by the judges) will receive one (1) 55-quart Canyon Cooler with an approximate retail value of $323.00; and the second runner-up (with the third-highest scored ranking by the judges) will receive one (1) Orvis Guide Hip Pack with an approximate retail value of $150.00.
All winners are responsible for paying any applicable income taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. A winner may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of equal or greater value if the prize (or component thereof) is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
8. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, or any circumstances beyond Sponsor’s control, including act of god, war, government regulation, disaster, strikes or civil disorder Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize according to the Judging Criteria from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify and seek damages from any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Your Entry must not, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion: (i) violate the rights of others, including copyright, trade secret, license, patent, trademark, privacy, publicity or any other right; (ii) contain defamatory statements; (iii) include threats to any person, place, business, or group; (iv) include instructions or activities that could cause harm or injury (v) be obscene or indecent; (vi) depict any risky behavior; (vii) contain any material or content that is libelous or in any way unlawful; or (viii) contain depictions of any individuals who have not granted permission to appear in the Entry. In the event Sponsor chooses to display Entries, Sponsor also reserves the right to refuse to post any Entry for any reason. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to supplement or make changes to these Official Rules without notice. Sponsor also reserves the right in its sole discretion to interpret the rules of this contest in any manner, and such interpretation shall be binding on any entrant and Entry.
9. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Trout Unlimited, Instagram, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (i) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (ii) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (iii) printing errors; (iv) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (v) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (vi) injury or damage to persons or property. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, not to exceed $100.00, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Arizona. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Arizona, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Arizona or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Arizona.
12. Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by the Arizona Council of Trout Unlimited. The Contest is not sponsored by Instagram.
13. Results: To request the name of a winner of any prize, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Arizona Council of Trout Unlimited, 40 S. Twelve Oaks Boulevard, Chandler, AZ 85226. Requests must be received by April 30, 2022.