The Veterans Service Partnership (VSP) is an initiative of TU’s to serve veterans, active duty military and their families by engaging them through the recreational therapy of angling and with the sustaining support of the TU community. Our goals are to bring the full weight of TU’s 300,000 members and supporters to deploy across the nation engaging and supporting local military and veteran families through angling and community.
Each chapter is a ready-made community of passionate conservationists and anglers. Each participant in the VSP program receives a complimentary membership to TU and is automatically assigned to a TU chapter. For many served by TU’s VSP, they are quickly integrated into their chapter community which becomes a safe haven where veterans can serve and be served in return. The chapter is a place where friends are made; where someone comes to learn fly tying and then returns to teach it; and it’s a place where a passion is born and a commitment to protect the resource is fostered.
The VSP was created to be a resource at the national level to help foster and support this important work in chapters and communities across the country. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to Mike Banaszewski, TU’s Director of the Veterans Service Partnership, to talk about your unique situation so that we might help support you with resources catered to your specific needs.
Resources for Chapters Working with Veterans
- Teaching Fly Fishing Online Resource
- TU VSP VA Alliance presentation
- Sample VSP Program Application Form for Chapter Use
- Complimentary Membership Form for Chapter VSP Participants
- Veterans Service Partnership Logo (.jpg)
- Veterans Service Partnership Flyer (.pdf)
TU Veterans Service Partnership Partners
- Four Star Alliance
- PsychArmor TU VSP Volunteer Online Training Resources
- Project Healing Waters
- TU and Project Healing Waters Memorandum of Agreement (2019)
- TU and Project Healing Waters Memorandum of Agreement
- Student Veterans of America
- Warriors and Quiet Waters
- Higher Ground Sun Valley
- Eagle Rock Camp
- Wounded Warrior Project
- Rivers of Recovery