TU Teen Summiteers in July 2013, at the Continental Divide in Yellowstone Park
Come to TU's Teen Summit to meet other TU teens from across the country, talk about how TU can better engage teen members, learn how to become a TU leader in your community, work on a service project and fish! Spend five days with a group of new friends that love fishing, the outdoors and TU as much as you do.
2014 Summit Location:
Sugar Creek Bible Camp -- Ferryville, WI
Southwest Wisconsin, in the Driftless Area
2014 Summit Dates:
June 28-July 2
Dedicated anglers and conservationists who have shown involvement with TU and have just completed 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade. All summiteers must be TU members before attending the TU Teen Summit; teens can sign up for a TU Teen membership for $12. Not all teens who apply are accepted to the Summit.
$200 -- it includes food, lodging, shuttle from the airport (if required) and all activities. Selected applicants will be asked to pay this fee by late May.
Be prepared to answer the following questions:
1. How have you interacted with TU so far?
2. Why do you want to attend the TU Teen Summit and what do you hope to get from it?
3. Give an example of a time that you demonstrated leadership. What did you do?
4. What activity or benefit could TU offer that would most interest teenagers in your community?
5. Will you have time in your schedule after the Summit to dedicate to planning and participating in TU Teen programs? If so, do you have any unique skills that might be helpful to the group?
6. Please give us the contact information (name, how you know this person, e-mail, phone number) of two individuals who can tell us why you are an outstanding candidate for TU’s Teen Summit.
- conservation tours of the Driftless Area
- leadership skills workshops to bring new TU activities into your community
- conservation science workshops
- fly tying and fly fishing workshops
- fly fishing and conservation biology guest speakers
- a service project at a local stream
- lots of time for hanging out, tying flies, and fishing!
Questions? Read the TU Teen Summit 2014 FAQs.