TU Business

Jen Ripple is a force of and for nature

Jen Ripple

“Fly fishing is one of the few sports where you don’t have to be great at it or in perfect shape to enjoy it. It doesn’t matter if you’re old or young, or if you make the perfect cast; it’s…

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. One of the best things about working with TU is the outstanding people you meet. If you haven’t met Jen Ripple, the driving force behind both DUN Magazine and so much of what is great in the fly fishing industry right now, you should. Her easy professionalism, over-the-top creativity and boundless enthusiasm for fly fishing and for bringing more women into fly fishing makes her one of the real movers and shakers in publishing.

Check out DUN Magazine. It’s is much more than a women’s fly fishing magazine. While all the articles are written by women, their mantra “empowering women not ignoring men” is the touchstone of their existence.  Their goal is to empower all readers through education.  As Jen points out, “So many people think that fly fishing is too hard to learn and for that reason they never even try.  DUN exists to dispel that notion.  We pride ourselves in finding articles from the everyday angler who is just getting into the sport to the professional guide in Alaska.”

It’s a very classy magazine. But Jen Ripple isn’t content to just be the creator of a great magazine. She wants to be an agent for change, bringing more women into fly fishing and into the business of fly fishing. As she says, “Fly fishing is one of the few sports where you don’t have to be great at it or in perfect shape to enjoy it. It doesn’t matter if you’re old or young, or if you make the perfect cast; it’s still a lot of fun. Fly fishing is a beautiful art form, and women take to that. I think it’s a great sport for women because women are much more about the experience than they are about the catch.”

The conservation mission is part and parcel of both the magazine and the woman who makes it. Her love for the public lands and waters of Tennessee comes through in every conversation. She’s a tireless advocate for these lands and the legacy of these priceless places. “Our public lands are facing many challenges, from those who want to sell public lands outright to talk of dramatically cutting budgets to manage these lands. I want women to be a part of an industry which accounts for $887 billion in consumer spending and 7.6 million jobs. We can’t do that without public lands.”

I’m proud to say that DUN magazine is a TU Business member, and Jen Ripple is my friend.

Dun Magazine/Fly Squared Media

Jen Ripple

Dover, TN 37058

(734) 846-3708

jen@dunmagazine.com

www.dunmagazine.com