Category

Community | Page 97

• Community Conservation

Economic analysis shows watershed groups such as TU improve water quality

A recent economic study confirmed what the thousands of Trout Unlimited volunteers and our partner watershed groups already know: TU's work directly benefits water quality and makes fishing better. (Trout Unlimited photo) By Chris Branham, Oregon State University CORVALLIS, Ore. — Economists have found that in the United States, watershed groups have had a positive…

• Community Conservation

186 not just for anglers

As we enter the final days until the elections in Montana, TU is checking in with local businesses on why passing I-186 is important to them. This editorial from Stephanie Shammel, a rancher downstream of the Kendall Mine, originally appeared in the Billings Gazette. Check out our Instagram story about other Montana businesses who are…

• Travel TU Costa 5 Rivers

Native Trout Odyssey Team

Native Trout Odyssey team to make final stop in Washington D.C. Five college students; 10 weeks; 10 states; 18 native trout species. The Native Odyssey crew (left to right): Brett Winchel, Matt Crockett, Jacob Lacy, Heather Harkavy, Austin Burroughs. This Summer, TU, in partnership with U.S. Forest Service, Costa Sunglasses, Simms Fishing Products, and Fishpond,…

• Community Conservation

Students observe sampling efforts on Salmon Creek

Local high school students recently watched on as the Connecticut Department of Energy and Environment fisheries crew used electrofishing gear to sample Salmon Creek in northwestern Connecticut.   The monitoring (below) is part of the long term Salmon Kill Enhancement and Restoration Project, which is focused on improving  habitat for native and wild trout. Tracking population levels…

• Community Conservation

Introducing: Bristol Bay Ambassadors

About the Bristol Bay Ambassadors Series The fight to protect Bristol Bay is about more than a giant mine, or even salmon…it's about people, and families and community. It’s about overcoming challenges, standing up for what is right, and believing that together we can achieve results that last far beyond our lifetime. TU’s Save Bristol Bay Campaign is…