Use your words to inspire others and win gear
Essay prompt: Public lands and green spaces are those places where we can go to walk a greenway and listen to the birds, sit in the shade of a tree to escape the summer heat, camp, fish, hike, and explore. Why are these places an important part of your life?
Deadline: September 1, 2021
See contest rules below at bottom of page.
- Email your questions and entries to email@example.com
- Put “2021 TU/Orvis Teen Essay Contest” in subject line.
- Attach a MS Word or Adobe PDF file of your essay.
- At the top of your essay include: name, city, state, and grade of school you just completed.
- If you’re in a TU chapter let us know which one, too! (not required)
There will be two judging categories for prize winners:
8th grade through 10th grade
11th grade to 12th grade
For each category:
1st place: Orvis Helios 3 outfit
2nd place: Orvis Recon outfit or Orvis Bug Out Backpack
3rd place: Orvis Clearwater outfit or Orvis Guide Sling/Totebag combo
Last year we received lots of great submissions — they were thoughtful, funny, enthusiastic and heartfelt. Thank you to everyone who participated.
- Essays should be between 600-800 words. They must not be more than 800 words.
- Essays must be your own original work (no plagiarizing).
- Submissions are due by the deadline.
- All authors agree to allow Trout Unlimited and Orvis to re-post their piece on their websites, TROUT magazine, and promote it through appropriate TU and Orvis social media channels.