Category

Community | Page 9

• Conservation Community

Feeding mind, body and soul

Feeding Mind, Body and Soul: The art of subsistence by Marian GiannulisAll photos courtesy of Apay’u Moore Traditional fishing methods build community and well-being in the heart of Bristol Bay Sixty percent of the meat Apay’u Moore consumes in any given year is harvested through subsistence methods. Salmon are caught with set nets anchored to…

• TU Business

TU Business: onWater

You can’t swing a fly these days without hooking someone with a new fishing app. And that’s a good thing. Information gets shared digitally in the year 2022, and the more information we have to make decisions as anglers, the more fun we’ll have. And it the end it’s all about having fun and conserving…

• Community Headwaters Youth

Gear for the next generation

Six TU chapters and six 5 Rivers college clubs will get that boost thanks to the Next Gen TU Gear Grant, a new program made possible by a generous grant from the Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s Outdoor Fund.

TU chapters & 5 Rivers clubs eligible for grants for gear from Bass Pro and Cabela's to support their work Human power is the key to Trout Unlimited engagement efforts. But, sometimes, volunteers need a bit more help to take those efforts to the next level. Six TU chapters and six 5 Rivers college clubs…

• Travel Community Fishing

Four refuges to add to your summer bucket list

As you make your to-fish-list for the summer, don’t overlook these hidden gems.

As the days get longer and the weather warms up, it’s natural to feel excited to go outside and float rivers, fish streams, and hike trails. No matter what part of the country you live in, there’s always a new place to explore. Although they are sometimes overlooked, we recommend visiting a National Wildlife Refuge…

• Community TROUT Magazine

What are you really fishing for?

WHAT ARE YOU REALLY FISHING FOR? By Kirk Deeter I’m still not sure some of my friends, colleagues and even family members begin to understand why I’m so enamored with fly fishing. “Oh, you went fishing today, did you have a good time?” they ask. “Yep,” I answer. “It rained most of the day. There…